All lenses, regardless of the material, have a tendency to reflect light. Anti-reflective coatings, also called "AR coating" or "anti-glare coating" reduces these reflections allowing more light to pass through. This minimizes distractions, prevents strain on the eyes and improves vision.
While regular plastic lenses reflect about 8 percent of the light hitting the lenses, high-index plastic lenses can reflect up to 50 percent more as compared to plastic lenses. This causes more strain on the eye, especially in low-light conditions. With the latest revolutions in technology, AR coatings reduce reflections to about 0.5 percent, allowing 99.5 percent light to pass through.
It also reduces glare for tinted polarized lenses. Anti-reflective coatings improve clarity and light-sensitivity of transition lenses.
Benefits of Anti-Reflective Coating:
- Gives a very clear look to the lenses and makes your eyes and expressions more visible, even in low-light conditions. Clear also glasses look more attractive making you look your best in all lighting.
- Reduces strain on the eyes.
- It reduces the halo around lights at night making it easier to drive at night.
- It reduces glare giving you sharper, clearer vision.
- Premium AR coatings are also smudge-free, scratch resistant and water-resistant.
You can choose from a variety of AR coatings that we offer:
Standard Anti-reflective Coating
Premium Anti-reflective Coating
Crizal Alizé UV Anti-reflective Coating
Crizal Avancé UV Anti-reflective Coating
Worried about the harmful blue-light? Learn more about the revolutionary blue-blocking technology with Premium Blue-Blocker lenses and Crizal Prevencia lenses.